Gonville & Caius College is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join its Dining Services team as Catering Supervisor. The Catering Supervisor’s purpose is to promote an efficient and professional catering service to Members of College, external and conference customers in the facilities of the College. Gonville & Caius College prides itself on the reputation it has gained for its excellent food, bar and service standards. The kitchens and staff provide a full catering service for our busy college community of Fellows, Students and College staff, operating over two sites.
This is a permanent, full time contract. The hours of work are 40 hours per week. The annual salary is £22,998.
Why work at Caius?
- a generous pension scheme with a death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- healthcare cash-plan
- 33 days of annual leave (including public holidays)
- cycle-to-work scheme
- parking (subject to availability)
- College gym
- lunch on site
- the opportunity to work in a beautiful environment
Gonville & Caius College is one of the largest colleges in the University of Cambridge. It is an educational charity, and its mission is to provide a place of education, religion, learning and research, in conjunction with the University that is recognised internationally as being of the highest standard.
- Equality of opportunity; The college actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all sections of society and in particular, from people who may be under-represented in our community.
- Entry into a position with the College will be determined by the application of criteria related to the duties of the post. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
- During the applications process candidates are requested to complete the Equality & Diversity section as part of our Equal Opportunities Policy and monitoring process. The contents of this form will not be disclosed to the selection or interview panels, and all applicant data is managed in accordance with our data protection policy: https://www.cai.cam.ac.uk/data-protection-job-applicants.
- The college has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- In applying for this role, you will provide personal data which the College will process in accordance with its data protection obligations and its Data Protection Policy.
The Application Process
To view the full job description and apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
- The closing date for applications is 12 noon BST on Tuesday 7 June 2022.
- You are encouraged to make an early application as the vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received.
- Your application must be complete and include an up-to-date CV and covering letter, and the details of 3 referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer, and all must have detailed knowledge of your ability in relation to the requirements of the role.
- If you need any assistance in completing the application, please contact the HR Administrator at email@example.com.