This full-time post is available immediately on a permanent basis.
- Full time salary up to £20,940 dependent on skills and experience
- 36.5hr working week
- Regular additional paid hours available
- Generous 39 days holiday allowance (Including bank holidays)
- Access to state-of-the-art sports facilities
- Accredited learning and development opportunities
- Sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), paternity leave (up to six weeks full pay) and a new Fertility Treatment Policy
The Ram Bar – A busy and vibrant bar that promotes a safe, sociable and friendly venue, our team all enjoy working in a relaxed environment that attracts a wide variety of customers who all respect the premises, enjoy the attentive staff and laid-back atmosphere. We require someone who will make the most of the opportunities provided to them and will take pleasure in being handed responsibility when working amongst our competent and upbeat team. Our students create a diverse yet understanding and patient clientele.
This operational post will be focused on supervising our licensed trade areas, with the main focus on our student bar “The Ram Bar” as well as delivering numerous other licensed trading events (Gigs, Shows and Hospitality Dinners) across both Streatham and St Lukes campuses within the Commercial Operations portfolio.
Working 36.5 hours per week for any 5 days out of 7 this role will require day, evenings and weekend working.
You will have a flexible approach to working patterns, as well as having excellent communication skills.
Your main responsibility will be to supervisor our very busy, friendly and vibrant student bar, making sure students have an exceptionally time whilst in a safe environment.
Our incredibly busy, unique venues require a candidate that is service-orientated with the ability to thrive in an energetic and dynamic environment.
You will make a significant contribution to the achievement of the following aims:
- Ensuring students receive the highest quality student experience.
- Developing standards which ensure the service is at the forefront of the industry.
- Providing exceptional customer service to all our student and event clients.
- Delivering a financial contribution to ensure continuous investment across the University’s estate.
We are looking for customer focused, team players who can also work alone. A particular focus will be on providing exceptional customer service at all times with a passion for providing high-quality food and drink.
You will demonstrate high standards and be well organised.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Paul Weller, email@example.com or 01392723555.
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
With over 27,000 students and 6,400 staff from 180 different countries we offer a diverse and engaging environment where our diversity is celebrated and valued as a major strength. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where all members of our community are supported to thrive; where diverse voices are heard through our engagement with evidence-based charter frameworks for gender (Athena SWAN), race equality (Race Equality Charter Mark), LGBTQ+ inclusion (Stonewall Diversity Champion) and as a Disability Confident employer. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented within our working community. Reasonable adjustments are available for interviews and workplaces.