Gonville & Caius College is seeking an outstanding individual to join its Development & Alumni Relations team as a Development Assistant.
Working closely with the Database Manager, you will take charge of all aspects of gift administration including processing payments, preparing acknowledgement letters and assisting with consolidation and reporting of donations.
You will possess excellent numerical skills and meticulous attention to detail. We are looking for an individual who is:
- Task-focused with exceptional attention to detail, delivering high quality, accurate results
- Proactive and thriving in a busy environment
- Results-oriented, a fast learner, and accepts responsibility
- A friendly, enthusiastic and supportive team member
- Computer literate with strong MS Office skills, including the ability to manipulate and analyse data
- Able to demonstrate understanding of regulatory and compliance practices surrounding data protection
The salary for this role is £25,500 per annum.
The Development Assistant role is a full-time position with option for flexible working.
Why work at Caius?
- a generous pension scheme with a death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- healthcare cash-plan
- 33 days’ annual leave (including public holidays)
- cycle-to-work scheme
- parking (subject to availability)
- College gym
- lunch on site
Gonville & Caius College is one of the largest colleges in the University of Cambridge. It is an educational charity, and its mission is to provide a place of education, religion, learning and research, in conjunction with the University that is recognised internationally as being of the highest standard.
- Equality of opportunity; The college actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all sections of society and in particular, from people who may be under-represented in our community.
- Entry into a position with the College will be determined by the application of criteria related to the duties of the post. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
- During the applications process candidates are requested to complete the Equality & Diversity section as part of our Equal Opportunities Policy and monitoring process. All applicant data is managed in accordance with our data protection policy: https://www.cai.cam.ac.uk/data-protection-job-applicants.
- The College has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- In applying for this role, you will provide personal data which the College will process in accordance with its data protection obligations and its Data Protection Policy.
The Application Process
To view the full job description and apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
- The closing date for applications is 12 noon BST on Wednesday 15 June 2022.
- You are encouraged to make an early application as the vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received.
- Your application must be complete and include details of 3 referees, one of whom should have detailed knowledge of your ability in relation to the role.
- Interviews are expected to be held in the week commencing Monday 20 June 2022.
- If you require any assistance, please contact the HR Administrator via email at email@example.com.