Do you have previous experience working in a library or information environment?
We have an exciting role for an individual to join our team as Divisional Library Support Administrator on a full time and fixed term basis until the end of September 2022.
In this role you will ensure timely identification and ordering of required resources to meet educational and research needs, to achieve best value.
You will also assist with the delivery of student and staff focused training and events to support with the use of, and engagement with, library collections. You will support the work of the Divisional Library Liaison team to maintain excellent partnerships with Divisions.
As a member of the Divisional Library Support Team, you will:
- Support the team to develop and manage education and research collections, and work with matrix Learning and Research Resources (LRR) teams to ensure collections meet the range of needs
- Assist with planning, monitoring and reporting across a range of activities and services ensuring effective communication with Divisions
- Provide information, advice and training to students and staff via a range of enquiry and communication channels, including for induction, outreach and events
- Order library materials within set budgets and deliver reading list training and support for academic and administrative colleagues
- Liaise with researchers to capture research outputs, in order to deliver excellent research support services to Divisions
- Provide administrative support, such as making arrangements, preparing materials and recording actions at meetings, to support effective delivery of internal and external activities.
To undertake this role you will have:
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade C/4 or above, NVQ Level 2 or alternative equivalent qualifications, and/or learning gained through work experience including short courses
- Experience of working in a similar role in a library or information environment
- Good IT skills
- A high level of accuracy and ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to effectively exchange straightforward information verbally or in writing and to act with discretion and sensitivity
- Ability to problem solve by applying knowledge of processes and procedures
- Enthusiasm and be willing to work in virtual, matrix and project teams
- A strong customer focus.
What you can expect from us:
- Great staff benefits, including generous annual leave entitlement and great pension scheme
- A friendly, open and collaborative working environment
- A fantastic campus, with shops, restaurants and a theatre which as a staff member you are able to enjoy
- Support in your development.
Information Services is comprised of six sections:
- IT Infrastructure
- Enterprise Systems
- Embedded IT and Technical Services
- Development and Partnerships
- User experience
- Learning and Research Resources
Together they directly support all aspects of the university technological, teaching and library requirements. The University of Kent is a great place to work with innovative team culture and generous benefits package. Situated under an hour from London by train and easy reach from the Kent coast, you will be working within 300 acres of parkland overlooking the historic city of Canterbury.
For more details, please read the Job Description and Additional Information Document. Applications must be made via the University’s online application system. You are required to complete the main details section and provide full details and examples of how you meet the selection criteria.
*Previous applicants need not apply.