Contractual Hours: Shift pattern to cover 37.5 hours per week, to include Saturdays. Monday to Thursday 09:00AM to 5:30PM or 11:30AM – 8:00PM. Alternate working pattern (Friday or Saturday) 09:00AM–5:30PM
This role is a fixed term contract until the 28th October 2022.
About BIMM Institute
With over 35 years’ experience helping students launch successful careers in Music, Film and Performing arts and located in some of Europe’s most creative cities – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg, and Birmingham. BIMM Institute is proud to be the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe.
We offer a broad range of Higher and Further Education courses in popular music, performing arts and film and screen – including BA(Hons)/BMus Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and MAs. Our professional, highly vocational, and real-world courses include studies in music performance, performing arts, song writing, music production, music business, event management, music marketing, media and communication, film, and screen.
The post holder will have a central role in supporting enrolment processes over the summer of 2022.
They must ensure an accurate and rapid response to all support requests via email/phone and ensure the chat function is maintained across all BIMM UK centres, meeting BIMM’s super service standards. This will include, but is not limited to, working on site at BIMM campuses to provide face-to-face enrolment support, group remote support, and supporting central services (student services, finance, IT, etc) in assisting in maintaining enrolment compliance functions. Some travel between BIMM campuses may be required.
- Excellent communication skills, email, and telephone manner with clients
- Proven professional customer service experience
- Good time management and prioritising skills
- Computer Literacy to include Word and Excel and email
- Some database and/or data entry experience
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Values: A positive & proactive attitude. A desire to support colleagues and those interested in studying with BIMM.
- Knowledge of BIMM and the courses offered
- Experience working in a similar role in the education sector
- UCAS or enrolment knowledge
- Knowledge of academic qualifications
- Understanding of/or interest in performing arts industry
You will work with the Enrolment Project Manager on a frequent basis to meet the following key accountabilities:
Group Email support tickets
To assist with the timely response of all enrolment related emails, ensuring:
- All inbound email support tickets are responded to within 48hours.
- All outbound support ticket requests are contacted by phone and/or email within 48 hours.
Live Chat Function
To assist with the chat function on the website, ensuring:
- The chat function is in operation during working hours
- All chats are responded to in a timely manner
Phone calls and communication with incoming students
- Answer all calls in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate information on the appropriate database to track the progress of all students through the enrolment process.
- To provide remote group support to all BIMM locations via email, phone, and chat.
- To work at a college location during enrolment between the 1st of August and 30th of September and support face-to-face enrolment support.
- To triage the incoming support requests to the relevant central support team.
- Ensure that the learner has successfully completed enrolment and proactively follow-up any customers that are stuck.
- To run data integrity checks and ensure no duplicate records are created and data capture from customers is of a high quality.
- To check images uploaded by customers to ensure they are of high quality
- To help student services produce ID cards
- Assist with keeping accurate records for all customer through each stage of the enrolment process.
- Ensure the correct database is used for all processes followed.
Wider responsibilities when requested by the Enrolment Project Manager
- Support the student finance in helping customers with course funding applications.
- Support the student immigration team in ensuring enrolment and visa compliance is maintained for international customers.
- Support IT in helping customers with basic IT tasks during induction (e.g., logging in for the first time, password reset requests, etc).
- Support student services in producing ID cards, ensuring that support needs are captured on the system properly, assisting with late enrolments, and helping to distribute any learner materials/merchandise/equipment.
The successful candidate will comply with and implement as appropriate, all of BIMM’s policies and procedures, with particular reference Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, and Health and Safety.
We are committed to establishing a culture of inclusivity across BIMM Institute, so that we truly represent the diversity of our students and the creative industries, both in what we teach and how we work.
We encourage applications from black and minority ethnic candidates who are underrepresented in our organisation.
All posts are subject to Right to Work and DBS checks.