Learning and National Partnerships
Freelance opportunity (IR35)
Fixed-Term (Until December 2022)
£170 per day
Application Deadline: 12pm on Monday 30 May 2022
In January 2020, the British Museum created a high-profile series of public events entitled ‘The Era of Reclamation’, curated by Bonnie Greer OBE, playwright, critic and former British Museum Trustee.
We are now looking for an experienced researcher to support the further development of Era of Reclamation working directly with the curator Bonnie Greer and the Event Manager.
To date these events have reached over 18,000 people. We now want to reach even more people and to continue the programme until December 2022.
Era of Reclamation aims to:
- Provide a platform for people who have lacked representation to reclaim their rights, history and their identities
- Support and enable stories to be told, shared and made available for everyone
- Connect with the British Museum’s Collection and Exhibitions and in doing so enable discussion around the future presentation of the Museum’s collection
- Engage, inspire and inform adults of all ages, and particularly to increase underrepresented adult audiences to the Museum, such as British African and British African-Caribbean diaspora communities.
The researcher would work the equivalent of one day a week from appointment to December 2022. Their duties would be:
- To develop the titles and themes, links to objects in the British Museum’s Collection or exhibitions and identify the speakers for the 2022 Era of Reclamation events working closely with Bonnie Greer and the Event Manager.
- To ensure each event title, text and confirmed speakers are confirmed and provided to the event manager at least 6-8 weeks prior to each event taking place
- To meet with Bonnie Greer and the event manager regularly to progress the content of the events
- To arrange meetings with British Museum curators and external experts with regard to researching the agreed themes for Era of Reclamation
- To attend Steering Group Meetings to report on progress of events from a content perspective
- To liase with marketing colleagues in relation to Era of Reclamation blog posts and support Bonnie Greer to plan the content for those linking to the events and to deliver the text for a number of posts (number of posts tbc with Marketing) to deadlines set by the marketing team.
- To send a full briefing for each event to Director Hartwig Fischer at least 1 week prior to the event dates and to attend meetings with Bonnie Greer, Hartwig Fisher, the event manager and the speakers to go through the running order and questions prior to the event taking place.
Apply Online or Email for APPLY_URL field (notifications of applications): https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Z2dpYmJzLjcwOTg3LjMwODZAYnJpdGlzaG11c2V1bS5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Location: City of London
Contract Type: Temporary