University of the Arts London is recruiting a Head of Online Showcasing. This exciting new role will work across all of our world-famous colleges, bringing the creativity of UAL graduates to a global audience.
Since the pandemic, Online Showcasing has emerged as a critical parallel channel to our traditionally venue-led showcasing activities.
As a relatively new approach to showcasing, the Head of the new Online Showcasing service has an exciting opportunity to shape the future of Online Showcasing at UAL with its students, staff and partners.
You’ll be passionate about the delivery of showcasing in a digital format, and embrace the possibilities this presents, such as extending the reach and impact of our graduating students’ creativity to a global audience.
To achieve this, you’ll work alongside digital, creative and academic teams to ensure the continuation of Online Showcasing activities. This includes the Summer Shows on UAL Graduate Showcase, as well as postgraduate, institute and ‘moment’ shows throughout the academic calendar.
A key aspect of the role is to consult with stakeholders to develop an Online Showcasing strategy, focusing on the platform and content. You’ll help to ensure a smooth transition of the platform (solution, operating processes and knowledge) into a packaged service that supports academic and College staff, and continues to improve the Online Showcasing experience for students, visitors and industry seeking creative talent.
Why choose us?
University of the Arts London is the world’s second University for Art and Design in the QS World University Rankings® 2021. Our diverse and talented community comprises over 5,000 academic, professional, and technical staff. Together we are committed to social purpose. This includes creating a better a more sustainable world and championing race equality.
As an employer of choice, the University of the Arts London offers an extensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package £47,120 – £56,771 per annum dependent on experience.
- 34 days annual leave plus public holidays.
- Competitive pension package.
- A healthy work-life balance for all employees including a dynamic working approach.
- Experience of digital showcasing development and delivery.
- Experience of event managing and/or preparing for showcasing activities.
- Experience developing service strategies.
- Proven experience of championing and advocating for cause- and event-based moments.
- Creative direction experience.
- Strong stakeholder management experience with the ability to negotiate resources and prioritise requirements.
- High level, inter-personal and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to lead, motivate and inspire a matrix group of academic, creative and professional services staff.
- Experience of effectively communicating complex information to a diverse audience, leading to productive and trusted ‘partnership’ working relationships across the University and Colleges.
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
Closing date: 29 May 2022.
UAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive environments for all staff and students to work and learn – a university where we can be ourselves and reach our full potential. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.