WHAT WE DO
The ITSS team provide a shared IT service across the Luminate Education Group. We are looking for an experienced IT Support Technician to work with our teams with excellent communication and customer service skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- The role will Install, configure, test and maintain IT/AV hardware, operating systems and software applications in relation to college desktop computers, laptops, mobile devices, mobile / fixed telephone handsets and all multimedia, classroom and assistive technologies in line with departmental service level standards.
- Overall you will be able to provide a courteous and highly customer focused technical support service
- We are looking for an individual with the following skills Knowledge, understanding and technical support of computer operating systems including Microsoft Windows, Apple OSX / iOS and Google Chrome are required.
- Installation, configuration and support of Multimedia and Assistive Technology software applications together with the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of computer hardware systems including but not limited to PCs, Laptops, Mobile Devices, VoIP Telephones, Mobile Phones and Printers.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of computer application software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Google Products, Adobe CC, Virus Protection Software, Internet Browsers, Streaming and Cloud Services.
For more information please contact:
- Ben Peacock
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.