The School of Architecture, Technology and Engineering is looking to appoint a Lecturer to focus on the delivery of Level 4 skills in our BA(Hons) Architecture and BA(Hons) Interior Architecture courses. Our Architecture and Interior Architecture courses are well established with a history of excellence in industry-focussed design education and award-winning graduates.
To be the successful candidate you will have appropriate professional and teaching experience in Architecture and / or Interior Architecture, preferably supported by professional body membership. Knowledge that supports the delivery of a curriculum that covers the range of skills relevant to Level 4 Architecture and Interior Architecture students, including ICT, CAD and hand drawing, drawing conventions, 2 and 3D representation and presentation, model making, photography and portfolio making. In addition to which, you should also have:
- A strong understanding of current developments architectural education.
- An awareness of contemporary Architecture and Interior Architecture practice is essential, including emerging modes of practice and interdisciplinary collaboration.
- A strong design and communications skills
- A thorough awareness of the subject area, and an enthusiasm to deliver inspirational skilling sessions to Level 4 students.
- Teaching experience in higher education is desirable
Our lecturers are expected to actively engage in course administration, student recruitment and additional duties as required for the successful delivery of the courses. The school is particularly keen to appoint lecturers who are research active to support future REF (Research Excellence Framework) submission.
This post permanent, and is full-time (1.0 full-time equivalent), however we welcome job sharing applications.
The University is committed to an inclusive environment which embraces equality and diversity in our working, learning, research and teaching environment. We particularly encourage applicants from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background because the university is underrepresented by BAME staff.
Further information about working for us, as well as the wide range of benefits we offer, can be found in the working with us section of our vacancies page.