Swansea, Wales (hybrid working and travel to other locations necessary)
Location: Flexible Campus Location
You will not need to have any formal teaching qualifications but must have excellent presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver lectures that will inspire and enthuse our students in automotive engineering. A postgraduate or teaching qualification would be desirable but we can support the right candidate in achieving a teaching qualification to enhance your career.
As a Lecturer in Automotive Engineering, you will work across the University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) and Wuhan University of Technology campuses, delivering automotive engineering lectures and courses.
Focusing on empowering students, particularly our Chinese students, to develop as engineering professionals, you will seek to raise the profile of the UK automotive engineering sector and remove barriers to learning.
You will offer face-to-face and online lectures and workshops and will enjoy the opportunity to spend between 12 and 30 weeks per year teaching in Wuhan and gaining International experience, (subject to Covid-19 restrictions). While not essential a basic level of Mandarin Chinese would be considered desirable.
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) is an employment-focused university, dedicated to ensuring students from diverse backgrounds develop the academic knowledge and practical skills to thrive.
We offer innovative teaching, state-of-the-art equipment and superb support across a wide range of learning locations and courses.
Recognised for our friendliness, UWTSD ranked 1st in the UK for Courses and Lecturers in the Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2020.
We are now looking for a Lecturer in Automotive Engineering to be co-located at the Wales Institute of Science and Arts (WISA) and Wuhan University of Technology, China, on a two year, fixed term contract.
- Annual leave entitlement is 35 days’ annual leave per year (pro rata), plus 8 bank holidays and 4 University closure days (pro rata)
Our employees get access to a great pay and benefits package in recognition of their valued contribution including:
- Good pay and conditions; as an accredited living wage employer,
- The opportunity to travel and gain International experience
- Generous annual leave allowance including Christmas/New Year closure
- Pension scheme membership from USS to provide benefits for you and your family
- Family-friendly policies that provide for flexible working, including additional paid maternity and paternity leave
- Career and development opportunities, including support to gain further qualifications
- Support for mental health and wellbeing, including occupational health and counselling support services
- Staff discounts on a range of products and services
- Travel schemes, including the cycle to work scheme
Other organisations may call this role Lecturer, Associate Lecturer, Automotive Engineering Lecturer, or Engineering Lecturer.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an International Lecturer in Automotive Engineering, please apply via the button shown.
Please note, this application process does not include the option to submit a CV. Therefore, your application will be assessed based on your answers to the application questions only and, in particular, your Supporting Statement.
Closing date: 15 July 2022, 11:59pm