2 Posts, Full time: 35 hours per week, Permanent
The School of Business and Creative Industries are seeking applications from individuals wishing to begin, or who are in the initial stages of an academic career to join the School’s Division of Management, Organisations and People as a Lecturer in Business and Management. You will join a dedicated team who strive to continuously inspire our students and wider University community – and, through modern teaching and impactful research, continue to deliver innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Relevant degree and qualified to doctoral level,(or nearing completion)
- Post graduate qualification and/or a professional or teaching qualification
- Experience of learning, teaching and assessment within Higher Education
- Practical experience in industry and ability to develop and take part in projects in partnership with external stakeholders
- Experience of hybrid delivery of learning and teaching and of use of authentic/real-world assessment approaches.
- Understanding of equality and diversity issues as they may impact on research/academic content and issues relating to student need.
We will welcome applications in the areas of business and management, HRM, leadership and/or strategy. Find out more about our School of Business & Creative Industries.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Informal enquiries in the first instance, can be made to Ron Livingstone, Head of Division, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Closing date: 12 June 2022
Interview date: 13 July 2022
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.