Hours of work: Full time and part time hours available. Please state your preference of full time or part time hours within your application form.
Location: Wakefield City Campus and/or Castleford Campus
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our dedicated and friendly Health and Social Care and Early Years team.
As a Lecturer in Health and Social Care, you will develop and deliver a high quality provision, teaching on a range of courses within the Health and Social Care curriculum area including Levels 1 – 3 Health and Social Care, T Levels (dependant on industry experience) and Access to HE.
You will provide an excellent student experience so that students both enjoy and achieve their qualifications, and develop wider personal, professional and academic skills to enable their continued progression and success.
As a Lecturer in Health and Social Care, you should have:
– A Degree in Health and Social Care, or Biology, Psychology, Sociology (or other related discipline)
– GCSE A* – C / 9 – 4 in Maths and English or equivalent
– Relevant industry experience
– Experience of teaching Health and Social Care
You should also be able to demonstrate:
– Knowledge of the principles of teaching, learning and assessment
– An up-to-date knowledge of the relevant curriculum for Health and Social Care
– The ability to teach on a range of courses within the area
New to Teaching?
Are you an industry specialist qualified in Health and Social Care?
If you are a good team player and have a comprehensive knowledge of your industry and would like to get into teaching, then this opportunity could be for you!
We are looking for people with excellent communication skills, drive and enthusiasm, qualified in their specific subject area and who would like to pass their knowledge and skills on to our students.
If you have not previously worked within the Education sector but have considered a career move, you may be suitable for the Department of Education – Taking Teaching Further initiative, which employs industry specialists direct into Further Education. You will receive an enhanced support package whilst you gain a Teaching Qualification. This opportunity can be discussed at the interview stage.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and would like to join us please click ‘Apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you.
See what we have to offer and come and join us.
– Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave (pro rata for part time) + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
– Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including teacher development programme
– Discounted Metro Card Scheme
– Good Pension Scheme
– Access to Employee Assistance Programme
– Reduced price personal gym membership
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
– Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: Wednesday 22 June 2022
Interview date: Wednesday 29 June 2022
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.