Are you a talented high-value fundraiser that wants to make a real impact? Do you have experience in soliciting major gifts of £10,000 and above from individuals? Can you help deliver a philanthropy strategy at one of the country’s biggest charities?
If so, you could be the Philanthropy Development Manager we are looking for!
About the role
You’ll work closely with the Head of Major Gifts in the Philanthropy team to build and maintain a portfolio of individual prospects and donors with capacity to make gifts of £10,000 – £100,000 (leadership gifts), involving volunteers and staff across British Heart Foundation (BHF) as required.
As an ambassador for the BHF, you’ll proactively identify and qualify new prospects, engage existing and lapsed donors, and work collaboratively with colleagues in the Philanthropy team to manage a new Giving Club that incentivises donors to make multi-year pledges.
Ensuring our database is kept fully up to date, you’ll coordinate with other fundraisers and teams to facilitate collaboration across the organisation.
You’ll deliver agreed annual targets and help drive income for research that will save and improve the lives of people affected by cardiovascular disease in this country and around the world.
We have two roles available: One permanent contract and one 12-month fixed term contract, covering family leave.
About the team
BHF is creating a culture that drives transformational and sustainable income through philanthropic giving, from high-value donors in the UK and overseas. To achieve this vision, we are building a high performing Philanthropy team comprising dynamic fundraisers working with individual donors or trusts and foundations, talented proposition writers, research and insight specialists, and event and stewardship experts.
Sitting within the Philanthropy team, the Major Gifts team focuses on individual donors and is led by the Head of Major Gifts. It comprises two Philanthropy Lead posts (gifts of £75,000 and above) and two Philanthropy Development Manager posts (gifts of £10,000 and above).
An ambitious and dynamic fundraiser, with a track record of securing gifts of £10,000 or above from new, cold prospects and existing donors. You will have worked successfully with influential volunteers to deliver income in a large and complex organisation.
With a natural flare for identifying and cultivating relationships, and strong planning and prioritisation skills, you’ll be able to manage a portfolio of 100 – 150 prospects, across the various stages of identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- An exceptionable fundraiser who can demonstrate building relationships with emotional intelligence, and empathy when working with others.
- A skilled and brave strategic and project manager, who can develop clear, efficient and logical plans to achieve goals.
- Optimistic and positive, with excellent communication skills and able to inspire confidence in donors as well as senior internal and external stakeholders.
- An excellent writer, with a keen eye for grammar who can transform complex project information into compelling stories and content for a high-value audience.
- Meticulous with high attention to detail.
- Proficient at using data and evidence to monitor KPI’s, track trends and help us make informed decisions.
- Driven and ambitious to deliver our high-value income strategy.
What can we offer you
To find out more about benefits available at the BHF please visit our careers website.
The interview process will be held over MS Teams.