Porcini-rubbed steak - Valentine’s Day steak recipes - @MMANDMPpro_LTD
- 25g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 sprig thyme , leaves only
- 2 thick sirloin steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- baked potatoes and salad , to serve
- STEP 1
- Whizz the mushrooms into a fine powder in a small food processor or coffee grinder. Mix with a good pinch of salt, pepper and the thyme leaves. Rub the mixture all over the steaks, then pop onto a plate or into a sealable kitchen bag and chill overnight.
- STEP 2
- Brush away any excess mixture. Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Turn the heat to medium, then smear a little olive oil over one side of each steak. Griddle, oiled side down, for 3 mins. Turn over (there’s no need to oil the other side), then cook for another 2 mins for medium-rare. Serve with a baked potato and a wintery salad.