Salary: £35,326 to £39,739 per annum
Grade: Grade 7
Post Type: Full Time
Release Date: Friday 13 May 2022
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Wednesday 01 June 2022 (unless otherwise stated)
Are you an experienced Project Manager, with excellent leadership, negotiation and influencing skills? Are you looking to enhance your skills and experience within a large organisation?
We have an opportunity for you to join our team as a Project Manager. In this role you will be integral to the planning, execution, monitoring and delivery of Information Services (IS) projects.
The role will involve enabling the smooth running of these projects and overseeing communication with academic divisions and professional service departments. You will focus on IS related projects within IS and those right across the University landscape.
What can we offer you?
- A friendly, open and collaborative working environment
- A very generous annual leave allowance, which includes time off at Christmas.
- A supportive home/hybrid working policy, allowing flexibility
- An outstanding campus that comprises of a variety of food outlets, various shops and amenities, a cinema and theatre as well as a gym plus many beautiful walks.
- Great pension scheme
- We will support you in your development, we want you to succeed and support you in doing so
In this role you will:
- Manage, monitor and report on multiple projects as assigned to via the Information Services (IS) Project Management Group (PMG). Planning, management and delivery of specialised projects, working closely with fellow experts to understand and deliver against institutional requirements and priorities
- Coordinate and steer project activities, including the work of non-IS staff and contractors, in order to deliver projects with a University-wide impact in a timely manner, within available and agreed resources.
- Develop and refine project proposals in collaboration with project sponsors, ensuring that all stakeholders are appropriately consulted and that each resulting project plan provides an accurate and full description of the project in accordance with the IS project management methodology.
- Support other internal IS staff who are managing projects by offering advice, guidance and mentoring as well as being an exemplar in the application of project management techniques and approaches
To be successful in the role you will have/be:
- First degree or equivalent experience
- Strong project management skills
- Experience of delivering complex and/or challenging projects in a large organisation
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance a variety of tasks whilst delivering results and meeting deadlines
- Experience of and the ability to gather, analyse and present data and information effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentation skills and the ability to produce clear and concise written material
Applications must be made via the University’s online application system. You are required to complete the main details section of the application and upload your CV and cover letter. Your cover letter should clearly and explicitly address the requirements of the Person specification and you should provide clear evidence and examples which back-up any assertions you make in relation to each criterion. We recommend a maximum of 4 x A4 sides for this document.