Are you an enthusiastic and experienced researcher in communications systems? Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge as part of a world class robotics team? Do you want to design and create robotic systems that will change our lives?
As part of the £7.2M Pipebots (www.pipebots.ac.uk) project to build swarms of small inspection robots to live within pipes, you will model, design, fabricate and test communications and sensor systems for small robots (centimetre scale) used for inspection tasks inside active pipes.
You will join a world class team at the University of Leeds developing a broad range of inspection robots including drones, mobile inspection robots, and some of the most advanced legged robots in the world. The Leeds team is responsible for many innovations including exploring the Great Pyramid of Giza with robots in 2011 and repairing roads with drones.
Our research is supported by the EPSRC National Facility for Innovative Robotic Systems, which contains some of the most advanced manufacturing equipment in the world. You will join a buoyant active research environment alongside six researchers and technicians dedicated to this project alone. Across the broader domain of infrastructure inspection, the University of Leeds leads the EPSRC Grand Challenge in robotic infrastructure inspection and repair – with another 6 academic researchers. Robotics at Leeds has over 100 active members with research in the areas of Field Robotics, Medical Robotics, AI for robotics and Underpinning Science and Technology.
What we offer in return
- 25 days holiday plus 15.5 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – That’s over 40 days a year!
- Pension schemes with a generous contribution from the University.
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Professor Ian Robertson, School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University of Leeds
Email: [email protected]