Duration: 12 Months Fixed Term or available until 30/06/2023, whichever is soonest.
Salary: £34,304 per annum
The School of Pharmacy at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Fellow.
The successful applicant will be an active member of the research team assisting in the development and pre-clinical and industrial translation of novel microarray patch delivery systems. They will also assist in the planning and delivery of this research activity so that the overall research objectives of the project are met.
There are 2 posts available.
The successful candidate must have and your CV/Cover letter (or application form) should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A degree in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or a closely-related discipline (Minimum standard 2.1)
- Have, or about to obtain, a PhD in drug delivery/pharmaceutics
- At least 3 years recent relevant research experience to include experience in pharmaceutical analysis, including HPLC
- Knowledge of mass spectrometric detection as used in combination with HPLC
- Experience of formulation science
- Experience of design and manufacture of nanocrystals and dissolving microneedles
- Experience of conducting in vivo animal experiments to evaluate dosage forms.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
Closing Date: 13/06/2022
Anticipated Interview Date: 23/06/2022
Informal enquiries may be directed to: Dr Alejandro Paredes – firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the School can be found at: http://www.qub.ac.uk/aschools/SchoolofPharmacy/
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Further information on our attractive package can be found at: https://www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/HumanResources/pay-reward-and-benefits/
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; https://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/QueensGenderInitiative/ and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs or click to Apply.