EVOX THERAPEUTICS – BACKGROUND
Evox Therapeutics is a privately held, Oxford-based biotechnology company focused on harnessing and engineering the natural delivery capabilities of extracellular vesicles, known as exosomes, to develop an entirely new class of therapeutics. Backed by leading life sciences venture capital groups and industry partners we are also supported by a comprehensive intellectual property portfolio.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
We are seeking an ambitious, highly motivated, and experienced Scientist to play a key role in the development and research of exosome production. This role is within the Process Scaleup and Supply team (PSS) and would specialise in USP cell culture as well as other duties within the PSS team such as preparative purifications. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented scientist to take a leading role in the development of de novo processes for a new class of biotherapeutic products. The team adapts and interprets processes for scaleup for future transfers to manufacturing facilities and liaises with research functions to support early development.
- Lead the implementation, optimisation, and training of USP cell culture processes within the Process Scaleup and Supply team to ensure high quality materials are produced that are suitable for in-vivo studies.
- Provide scientific and technical insight to assist process transfers into and out of the Process Scaleup and Supply team – for example interpreting and executing process descriptions and supporting the transfer to cGMP manufacturers.
- Contribute to the resolution of technical and scientific issues that affect, or have the potential to affect, the supply and execution of upstream processes for the manufacture of biologics.
- Deliver product specific and platform USP documentation, batch summary presentations and reports ensuring appropriate quality of documentation to support inclusion of data and information in regulatory filings.
- Work collaboratively with Research, Cell Line Development, Upstream Process Development, Downstream Process Development, Analytical Development, and Quality to develop and characterise new techniques at scale and recommend alternative approaches and potential solutions to processing issues.
- Lead and implement operational excellence initiatives to shape our environment and ways of working.
- Champion and ensure healthy and safe working practices are implemented in the laboratory to ensure compliance to GMO/ACDP requirements.
PhD or BSc/MSc with relevant industrial laboratory experience in biologics and/or cell/viral product upstream process development.
Knowledge and Experience of the following
- Experience in upstream, and protein expression in stirred tank bioreactors, from cell thaw through to primary recovery. This would preferably have been gained working with protein biologics and/or viral vectors.
- Experience with single use stirred tank bioreactors and associated software
- Experience of transient expression
- Experience of routine analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting and biochemical assays is desirable. Experience of ELISA, cell-based assays, HPLC, NTA and flow cytometry would be a bonus.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for the development and manufacture of biologics using from mammalian cell culture is desirable.
APPLICATION AND BENEFITS
Evox employees enjoy an array of generous benefits including a yearly bonus and share options on top of their competitive salaries. Further details of the full range of Evox benefits will be discussed during the Screening stage.
To be considered for this role please apply direct via: https://careers.evoxtherapeutics.com/jobs/1599446-scientist-upstream-process-scaleup-and-supply