MDS Education Services and Support, College of Medical and Dental Sciences
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK
Fixed term contract up to 31st July, 2024
Closing date: 18th July 2022
This role requires a registered healthcare professional with clinical experience and an interest in prescribing, therapeutics, and education.
- To manage designated SCRIPT eLearning portfolios across the SCRIPT eLearning programme as part of the SCRIPT eLearning programme team and under the supervision of the senior eLearning manager(s) and the SCRIPT eLearning programme director.
- Develop and maintain online teaching resources for the SCRIPT eLearning programme under the supervision of the senior eLearning manager(s) and the SCRIPT programme director.
- Contribute to response to tender and funding applications for the SCRIPT eLearning programme.
Teaching and Learning
- Manage, develop and maintain one or more SCRIPT eLearning portfolios at a range of levels for undergraduates, postgraduates and CPD learners/users, guided by the external commissioners (e.g. Health Education England) and under the supervision of the senior eLearning manager(s) and the SCRIPT programme director, so that SCRIPT eLearning programme delivery objectives are met.
- Develop and implement operational plans to ensure the content is developed in a timely and systematic fashion.
- Contribute to the design of SCRIPT eLearning portfolios with other colleagues.
- Plan, prepare, develop and maintain SCRIPT eLearning modules and portfolios, including user guides in accordance with the established objectives of the SCRIPT eLearning programme.
- Report on SCRIPT portfolio progress, including preparation and presentation of reports, e.g. portfolio evaluations or other regular progress reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Devise and supervise projects, student dissertations and practical work.
- Develop a reflective approach to planning and reviewing teaching practice (e.g. content development, presentation) within the SCRIPT eLearning programme.
- Contribute to supervision, marking and examining for the College as directed by the senior eLearning manager(s) and/or the SCRIPT programme director. (Summative assessment, including assessed work contributing to the final award – as a mark or as a credit – such as unseen examinations, essays, dissertations or presentations, is subject to validation by the academic supervisor).
- Contribute to writing bids and proposals for research funding.
- Support data capture, analysis and interpretation for research projects associated with the SCRIPT eLearning programme.
- Support the dissemination of SCRIPT eLearning associated research findings and scholarly activities to include drafting of academic publications (or parts thereof), presentations at seminars and conferences.
- Provide guidance, as required to support staff, doctoral and any other students working on research projects associated with the SCRIPT eLearning programme.
- Contribute to enterprise, business development and/or public engagement activities of manifest benefit to the SCRIPT eLearning programme under supervision of the senior eLearning manager(s) and the SCRIPT programme director.
- Registered healthcare professional with relevant post-registration clinical experience
- High level analytical capability.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly.
- Ability to design and deliver learning materials successfully.
- Ability to assess and organise resources effectively.
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes
- Contribute to the planning and organising of the programme.
Informal enquires to Sarah Perrott – [email protected]