The Division of Finance, Economics, Analytics and Accounting at LSBU Business School seeks to appoint a Senior Lecturer (Grade 8) in Financial Reporting and Audit, who is committed to the growing success and development of the School.
Our LSBU Business School is at the heart of digital thought leadership, with innovative commercial relationships and students with a thirst for digital knowledge. Individuals are encouraged to apply who are passionate about digital transformation and its impact across the curriculum, particularly in relation to digital research, data, designs and methods, and applied teaching and learning. Research, knowledge transfer, income generation and international collaborations in the subject area are all desirable attributes in a School with a young and vibrant research community and innovative teaching programmes.
- The ability to deliver high quality lectures and tutorials at UG and PG levels in the subject area.
- Ability to carry out core activities in the areas of teaching and learning, knowledge transfer and professional practice, demonstrating institutional impact in your discipline.
- To engage and take on academic management roles for your own personal development and community impact.
- Contribution to and co-creation of professional learning communities to develop and enhance the student experience and to maximise graduate outcomes.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the curriculum.
- The opportunity to work with a highly motivated, vibrant and international team of academics.
- Southwark location in central London with easy access to businesses and academic communities across London.
And / or
- Our exciting new campus in Croydon with the opportunity to contribute to the development and growth of this new hub.
Candidates wishing to have an informal discussion regarding the post should contact Sarah Moore-Williams, Dean of LSBU Business School, e: firstname.lastname@example.org, m: 07545 733 243
Details about the role
Permanent, Full Time role – 35 hours a week.
Please note that the University is operating a hybrid working model which means a mix of working on site and from home, confirmation of days work on campus are arranged with the line manager.
To view the Job Description & Person Specification – go to the attachments at the top of the advert (Right click and select ‘open in new tab’ option)
Please note that the iTrent system does not operate fully on the Chrome browser.
Application for this post is by CV with covering letter addressing selection criteria outlined in the job specification.
Interview and assessment process
It is expected that the interview (and assessment) will be held on week commencing 13th June
Please Note: The Job Reference # for this post is REQ7363
Employment Visa: Under the UK Governments PSB scheme this role meets the criteria to be sponsored by LSBU for a Skilled Worker Route (SWR) application.
Please be advised that currently LSBU will only support the Certificate of Sponsorship for any employment visas and will not support the payment of the employment visa for the offered candidate and/or dependants.
Recruitment Process: The email account you use to apply will be used for recruitment communication. Please ensure that you use an email account that you regularly monitor.
We are currently conducting interviews online using MS Teams and where Covid rules permit you may be asked to attend an interview on campus.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early, should we receive sufficient applications