Do you want to contribute to a safe and sustainable development of advanced nanomaterials and is environmental protection at the top of your agenda? Then this position may be the right one for you.
At DTU Sustain you will get an opportunity to work at the absolute forefront in the development of ecotoxicological test systems for safety assessment of novel materials and complex environmental samples.
Responsibilities and qualifications
You will be responsible for organizing and implementing testing campaigns of advanced nanomaterials and very complex environmental samples in national and international research projects. This will involve testing of the aquatic toxicity with both freshwater and marine species as well as bioaccumulation studies with these. You main tasks will be related to research, but you will also teach and supervise BSc and MSc students, and be co-supervisor for PhD students. Furthermore, dissemination of results in technical reports, project deliverables, and scientific papers will play a major role in your position. You will work with nearby colleagues, and with both academic and industrial partners in Denmark as well as abroad.
To fulfil these tasks, you must be able to document qualifications within all of the following areas:
- Development of ecotoxicity and bioaccumulation tests for nanomaterials
- Insights in advanced microscopy techniques
- Single-particle- and single-cell-ICP MS method development and application on nanomaterial suspensions and exposed organisms
- Whole effluent toxicity testing and toxicity identification evaluation procedures of produced water from off-shore hydrocarbon extraction
- Experience from EU H2020 projects in task coordination and project dissemination
- Teaching experience in laboratory courses in ecotoxicity and risk assessment of chemicals
You must contribute to teaching at the Department. You will be expected to learn Danish and be able to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
As a formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as a researcher or postdoc. To be appointed as a senior researcher, you must have completed a didactic/pedagogic education. If you do not have the necessary education, then it is possible to complete this requirement within a period of two years of appointment.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Research experience
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Further information may be obtained from Head of Section Anders Baun, tel.: +45 4525 1567.
You can read more about the department at www.sustain.dtu.dk
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Please submit your online application no later than 3 June 2022 (Danish time).
To view the full announcement and to apply, please click the above ‘Apply’ button.