Who is Staffordshire University?
We are the Connected University with 100 years of experience and ambition in becoming the UK’s foremost digital Institution. Our main campus is located in Stoke on Trent alongside our Centres of Excellence in Healthcare Education located in Stafford and Shrewsbury. Staffordshire University London’s Digital Institute is our first campus outside the Midlands.
With more than 10,000 Full Time Undergraduate and Postgraduate students on campus, we continue to drive innovation and change, aiming to positively disrupt our sector. For our University, it is about so much more than the numbers. In fact, if there’s one thing that sets us apart, it’s our people who are all #ProudToBeStaffs. Every one of our employees goes above and beyond to deliver on our connected mission, responding to the needs of our students, academic partners, businesses and society.
Over the past 5 years, we have transformed ourselves into a Gold standard provider of teaching and learning, gaining historically high positions in the UK league tables. With digital skills being at our core, we strive for diversity in all its forms and play an important role in our local communities and regional economies.
About the role
We are seeking a Statutory Returns Analyst to work within our Planning and Business Intelligence department.
The Statutory Returns Analyst will work with the Statutory Returns Manager in the delivery of reporting to Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), the Office for Students (OfS) and other Statutory bodies as well as providing reporting to support other departments to improve data quality.
The role holder would also be expected to analyse key outputs of the statutory returns to ensure data quality and support the wider function in understanding the impact of the submission (for example on university league tables and access and participation plans).
The role holder will also have an active role to play in supporting on Business-Critical projects including implementation of new statutory returns (including Data futures) and process improvement reviews.
- Knowledge of Higher education statutory returns (such as HESA student return)
- An ability to work to very tight deadlines under pressure and independently
- An ability to manipulate and interrogate data in systems such as excel and PowerBI
- Knowledge of the student lifecycle in higher education
- Understanding of Student Records System (such as SITS)
In return for your dedication, we have a competitive benefits package available
- Competitive incremental rates of Pay
- 32 days Annual Leave plus 11 days Bank Holiday and Discretionary days
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider University community
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Health & Fitness Facilities on site at the Stoke Campus
- Discounted Travel by Rail or Bus, with the option of season tickets loans
We reserve the right to close any vacancies when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. All applicants are advised to complete and submit your applications as soon as possible.