Who is Staffordshire University?
We are the Connected University with 100 years of experience and ambition in becoming the UK’s foremost digital Institution. Our main campus is located in Stoke on Trent alongside our Centres of Excellence in Healthcare Education located in Stafford and Shrewsbury. Staffordshire University London’s Digital Institute is our first campus outside the Midlands.
With more than 10,000 Full Time Undergraduate and Postgraduate students on campus, we continue to drive innovation and change, aiming to positively disrupt our sector. For our university, it is about so much more than the numbers. In fact, if there’s one thing that sets us apart, it’s our people who are all #ProudToBeStaffs. Every one of our employees goes above and beyond to deliver on our connected mission, responding to the needs of our students, academic partners, businesses and society.
Over the past 5 years, we have transformed ourselves into a gold standard provider of teaching and learning, gaining historically high positions in the UK league tables. With digital skills being at our core, we strive for diversity in all its forms and play an important role in our local communities and regional economies.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced statutory returns manager to work within our Planning and Business Intelligence department.
The Statutory returns manager will lead in the delivery of statutory reporting to Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), the Office for Students (OfS) and other Statutory bodies as well as supporting other departments in developing processes to improve data quality.
The role holder will be expected to liaise with key external bodies such as HESA, OfS and other statutory bodies at key periods including responding to queries in regard to statutory return submissions.
The role holder will work with the Assistant Director Planning and Business Intelligence in the continued governance and oversight of statutory returns across the University including briefing of key stakeholders of potential outputs from produced statutory returns (including impacts on any league tables or funding).
You will work across the university on Business-Critical projects including implementation of new statutory returns (including Data futures), drive process improvement and implementation of new systems.
A candidate would be expected to have:
- Demonstrable experience within Further/Higher Education
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- An understanding of HESA, External Returns, and APP Planning
- Knowledge of the Higher Education funding structure
- Experience of Data Futures would be advantageous
- Experience of the SITS student record System
- An ability to work across departments to ensure accurate and timely data is available
In return for your dedication, we have a competitive benefits package available
- Competitive incremental rates of Pay
- 37 days Annual Leave plus 11 days Bank Holiday and Discretionary days
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider University community
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Health & Fitness Facilities on site at the Stoke Campus
- Discounted Travel by Rail or Bus, with the option of season tickets loans
We reserve the right to close any vacancies when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. All applicants are advised to complete and submit your applications as soon as possible.