We are looking to recruit two highly motivated leaders to join the Faculty of Engineering as Student Administration Managers to deliver our School’s educational activities across the student lifecycle. The appointed role holders will support the faculty transition from two to four Schools before leading one of the four School Education Teams in the new Faculty structure.
You will be joining a growing Faculty during a period of significant change and have a unique opportunity to help shape the approach we take to student administration for the years to come. You will have the chance to lead staff through the transition into our new structure, gain experience of a significant change programme and contribute to real improvements for staff and students in how we deliver our services
What will you be doing?
Working under the direction of the Faculty Education Manager (FEM) and School Managers, appointed role holders will be leading and collaborating with teams of academic and professional services staff from across the University to:
- support the management and delivery of educational processes related to teaching and assessment across the faculty
- ensure appropriate implementation of regulations and policies in education and related processes and interpret these to provide advice and expertise
- support quality enhancement and assurance activities across the faculty including curriculum reviews
- review, develop and implement processes and policies in readiness for transition to four schools
You should apply if
- You are comfortable with and have experience of operating in a rapidly changing environment and are excited by the prospect of helping others through change
- you have significant experience of education administration and management in Higher Education, including the ability to manage the workload of others;
- you possess excellent organisational skills and thrive in potentially stressful situations solving problems with initiative
- can demonstrate exemplary IT skills with experience of working with data
- you have experience in complex stakeholder management and are able to build excellent relationships to achieve a shared goal
- you are able to work independently and with self-motivation, making key decisions when necessary.
- you have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude to enthuse and enable those around you to support your aims.
The position offers a fantastic opportunity to develop experience across both Faculty and School Education Teams whilst supporting the transition to four new Schools launching in 2023.
To find out more about what it’s like to work in the Faculty of Engineering, and how the Faculty supports people to achieve their potential, please see our staff blog:
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.