WHAT WE DO
The Sustainability and Performance Manager will sit within the Property and Maintenance Department and will report directly to the Head of Property and Maintenance. There will be engagement with both internal and external stakeholders regarding the sustainability agenda for the group.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
These are a selection of elements of the role:
1. Managing the coordination, monitoring and reporting of performance across all areas of activity within the Estates Directorate.
2. Prepare, analyse and utilise a range of information and data to produce reports that inform the business planning process and strategies for improvement.
3. Lead the implementation of the sustainability and travel agenda across the Luminate Group including using management and bench marking tools to produce metrics to support and identify projects and technical or science based analytical work.
4. Liaising with Statutory and external agencies, supply chain, waste, travel and transport providers, procurement services, internal and external agencies to ensure successful delivery.
5. Produce annual carbon footprint reports for inclusion in key sustainability documents.
6. Collect, collate and analyse sustainability metrics and manage information using assessment tools, bench marking techniques, scrutinizing utility supplier invoices, utility meter readings, travel and transport analytics etc.
The ideal candidate should have a professional qualification or portfolio demonstrating significant experience of working in the area of sustainability and/or environmental management systems. A few of the key attributes we are looking for:
1. Excellent data analysis skills
2. Producing accurate reports
3. Preparing Business Cases to secure funding
4. Ability to coordinate multiple projects and work to tight deadlines
For more information about the role please contact:
Angela Lee Head of Property and Maintenance
[email protected] – 07919 – 144851
Simon Duarri Head of Campus Facilities
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.