Closing date 27 June 2022 @ 5pm.
We are looking for a Teaching Fellow in Language Education to start in September 2022. This is an open-ended post.
The Moray House School of Education and Sport is pleased to invite applications for the position of Teaching Fellow in Language Education. The successful applicant will have interdisciplinary academic expertise at post-doctoral level in the area of Language and Intercultural Communication, as well as in one or more other areas related to Language Education. S/he will be expected to contribute to our highly successful Masters level teaching programmes (MSc Language and Intercultural Communication, MSc Language Education, MSc TESOL) and to undertake interdisciplinary scholarship activity in the area of Language and Intercultural Communication. The post requires a culturally sensitive vision that reflects a commitment to social justice and the provision of high-quality student experience.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- A Doctorate in Language and Intercultural Communication / Language Education or a related discipline.
- Interdisciplinary knowledge and experience of the subject area of Language and Intercultural Communication and of one or more other areas related to Language Education.
- A growing portfolio of scholarship activity that develops and sustains support for scholarship in the subject area of Language and Intercultural Communication.
- Evidence of teaching at postgraduate level and experience in teacher education/development at tertiary level.
- Evidence of attainments in, or skills sufficient to, the development of supervisory activities at Masters level.
The University may be able to sponsor the employment of international workers in this role. This will depend on a number of factors specific to the successful applicant.
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.