Course tutors teach approximately 24 hours per week and manage learner attendance on all aspects of their programme of study including learner assessment, tracking of learner progress against milestones, setting smart targets, employer engagement and other aspects of personal development, behaviours and welfare.
You will need to:
- Hold teaching qualifications and have the relevant industry experience working within the travel / aviation industry.
- Have experience delivering high quality teaching, learning and assessment practice to support all candidates working across:
- Levels 1-3 Travel & Tourism
- Cabin Crew and Aviation operations
- Be able to give detailed learner feedback to support individual learning.
- A commitment to developing a learner focused curriculum offer, centred around the knowledge, skills and behaviours necessary to secure employment within the travel industry.
- Competence in the use of IT to support college processes, learner administrative tasks and both face to face and on-line theory curriculum delivery is essential.
- Commitment to engage with Teaching for Distinction, our college approach to delivering excellence in Teaching & Learning.
- Commitment to develop employer links to support curriculum delivery and learner progression
- Commitment to personal CPD
- High compliance with the use of college systems, procedures and policies
Alun Francis, our Principal, says: “This is a very important appointment, the Retail and Commercial Faculty area that included Travel & Tourism, is central to our plans for the future, and we are looking for high calibre candidates. We want people who love their subject area, are committed to keeping up to date, but also want the professional challenge of developing outstanding pedagogical practice. We are investing in the facilities, employer relationships and the skills and knowledge of our staff. We are looking for people who will respond to this, love their learners and enjoy the challenges and benefits of working at Oldham College”.
Diane Howard, Head of Faculty for Retail and Commercial says “We are looking for an experienced, organised and highly motivated individual who will engage and support learners to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to meet curriculum and industry demands to secure progression to employment and higher education. As all areas within the travel industry recovers from the impact of the global pandemic, this is a potential growth curriculum area and the right individual will support and develop a flexible delivery model to suite both full time and part time learners, on site and off site/on-line learning.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre both offering staff discounts
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
But we want to deliver much more than this. Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities and new technology.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet. That’s true, by the way – ask almost anyone who has been here. Or come and see for yourself.
If you want to be outstanding, and want to help us achieve the same thing, then please apply.
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
closing date of Friday 10th June 2022